What I Do
Feeling overwhelmed with all the demands of being a special needs parent? Do you provide care, education or support to a family who has a child with complex medical needs, special needs, or a child who is struggling to communicate? If you answered yes to any of these questions I can assure you, you are in the right place!
Special education is overwhelming. Your child's unique needs can be met by the school system. Let me show you how! Some of the services I offer are:
- IEP review
- IEP consulting
- IEP meeting attendance
- 504 meeting
You do not have to do this alone! Your next step is to click learn more button below and let's get started.
Navigating through your child's diagnosis can feel lonely and overwhelming, but it does not have to be that way! You do not have to do this alone. I have two resources that take you through where to start and what your next steps are.
- Starting Point ( ebook)
- Seven IEP Tips That Will Change Your Child's Education (ebook and step by step workbook to put the IEP tips into action)
Your voice as a parent is needed and valueable. Get your ebooks today and get started in advocating for your child.
Communication Matters is an online course designed for busy parents and educators who know their child or student needs a better way to communicate.
Tired of feeling stuck? Can't shake the feeling of "am I doing enough"? Knowing your child or student has something to say but can't understand them, and it leaves both of you feeling frusrated? Communication Matters is for you and can solve these struggles. Click learn more and get the support you need today!
“Every child has a different learning style and pace. Each child is unique, not only capable of learning but also capable of succeeding.” Robert John Meehan
I use child-centered planning, multi-sensory approach to communication and learning. I help families by providing advocacy services for IEPs, online training courses, and resource material to support families and providers. I also understand the unique stress and emotional rollercoaster that can happen on a daily basis for special needs families because I have a special needs family. I use that compassion, understanding, go-getter mentality and my core belief that every child has the right and ability to learn, in every aspect of my work.
My Goals Are To:
- provide solutions for you and your child
- create child-centered and strength based IEPs
- develop communication solutions that make sense
- work with parents and caregivers to develop strategies that create lasting changes in your child’s education.
- give parents and valuable caregivers tools to take care of themselves along the way. Yes, I understand the struggle to give 110% to your special needs child and still have something left to give to yourself and those you love around you.
- add value
- be your advocate of choice and a difference maker you can count on when you need it most